As a fundraiser who has managed Major Donor income reactively as opposed to proactively in the past, Louise’s guidance has provided me with the direction needed to develop our Major Donor programme and plan for the future.Karlyn Robertson, Development Manager
Edinburgh Dogs and Cat Home
- Are you unsure where to start with major donor fundraising at your organisation?
- Want to know how to find major donors who could support your cause?
- Need to raise more income in 2021 and 2022?
- Have you got a small number of major donors, but you want to be more proactive?
- Do you want proven approaches to raising large gifts and a major donor fundraising plan to make it work for your charity?
- Are you ready to invest to develop this income stream for your charity?
If you’re thinking “yes” to any of these, then Major donor fundraising from scratch is for you.
What is it?
Major donor fundraising from scratch is a mix of training, coaching and consultancy over 6 months. It will give you the confidence to succeed in raising large gifts, and the tools and process to implement an effective major donor fundraising programme.
I’m Louise Morris, leading major donor specialist, coach and trainer. I’ve helped over 100 charities raise more large gifts & supported charities of all sizes to set up their major donor fundraising.
These tools and approaches work!
With them you will raise more large gifts!
With major donor fundraising from scratch, Louise has given me confidence in knowing where to start with a major donor programme. I now have tools I can use to shortlist potential donors, be confident about securing meetings with them and tips and tricks to have those conversations.Jennefer Whitley, SPACE
What will I get from major donor fundraising from scratch ?
You will finish major donor fundraising from scratch with:
- A prioritised list of potential major donors and the knowledge to undertake wealth research.
- Approaches to confidently work with trustees on introducing their networks.
- Techniques to meet with major donors and inspire them to get involved.
- A bespoke 18-month plan for your charity with a realistic but ambitious target.
- A compelling case for support for high-net-worth individuals.
- Confidence and techniques to ask for a gift and plan successful major donor events.
- Summit proven 5 steps to building relationships with major donors that raise more!
What does that look like in practice?
We do this over a number of months to give you the support, confidence and tools you need to succeed.
You will have 3 half day training sessions with me (one every other month) in a small and supportive group – there will be a maximum of 8 people. These sessions are inspiring and practical; we’ll use some of the session to set up your major donor fundraising together and to practice the skills you’ve learnt.
Louise’s style of training and coaching is fabulous and helps build confidence and determination to succeed. The group sessions are great to share ideas and hear about how others feel and are overcoming challenges they have. The one to one sessions give an opportunity to deepen learning and progress actions towards achieving more curiosity meetings and securing more major donorsJennefer Whitley, SPACE
After each training session you’ll get tools and checklists on what we’ve covered to continue developing your major donor fundraising and you’ll get a one to one coaching session with me after each training session – so three in total. This time is to work through any challenges or questions, check you’re on the right track and build your confidence to make major donor fundraising a success at your charity. You’ll also get my expert consultancy reviewing your case for support and major donor plan.
Louise’s coaching has helped me set up a successful Major Donor programme from scratch. With her help, I’ve written and implemented the strategy, succeeded in getting new donors to our online events and been able to inspire a six-figure donation to the charity! I am loving my job and I’m inspired to do more – thank you, Louise.Kelly Heaton-Ralph, Director of Development, Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance
What’s the investment?
Major donor fundraising from scratch is an investment. You will not successfully raise large gifts and make your major donors feel great, without the right approaches and processes.
So this is not for you if you want a cheap one day course.
It is for you if you and your charity want to develop a major donor fundraising programme to succeed in raising more.
If you want to have a chat to make sure it’s right for you, you can find a date here and set this up.
I look forward to you finishing major donor fundraising from scratch in a great position to build strong relationships with major donors and raise more large gifts!
I have two free places on Major donor fundraising from scratch in September for POC led organisations. This is a small action I can take to use my white privilege to try and make our sector more equal. Get in touch if you are interested in one of these free places for your organisation.